When placing a bet, each player agrees to these Sportsbook Rules and to the General Terms and Conditions of Interwetten, which apply to the Interwetten Sportsbook. The Interwetten sportsbook is operated by Interwetten Gaming Ltd.
Each sports bet has two parties: On one hand the bookmaker (Interwetten Gaming Ltd., 2nd Floor, Global Capital Building, Testaferrata Street, Ta'Xbiex, XBX 1403, Malta), who accepts bets on sports events in accordance with its license, and, on the other hand, the player.
Upon placing his bet, the player confirms that he does not have any knowledge of the result of the respective sports event.
The player acknowledges also that sportsbetting amounts to gaming, that the risk of losing money is implicit and that his involvement is entirely voluntary. On the other hand, there is no right to participation on the side of the player and he accepts that the bookmaker is entitled to restrict, limit or block the access of certain players at his own, exclusive and unfettered discretion.
1. Placing a bet
Before placing a bet, each player is obliged to read and acknowledge not only the General Terms and Conditions, but also these sportsbetting rules, including the provisions regarding minimum stakes, maximum payouts as well as maximum stakes.
The bookmaker will accept a bet duly placed by the player by mouse-click, subject to these rules and the General Terms and Conditions, without issuing a confirmation and at the registered address of the company, provided that his Interwetten account holds sufficient credit. Any correspondence issued by the bookmaker at a later point in time, (e.g. notices, account information, etc.) will not have any effect whatsoever on the previous conclusion of the contract and its legal effect at the registered address of the bookmaker.
If changes are made to the odds while a bet is being placed (usually 5 to 10 seconds), the bet will automatically be accepted at the odds chosen by the customer. If the odds are lowered, the bet will not be accepted. The user will then be given the chance to update the betting slip and confirm it once again.
Any bet accepted in such manner may not be changed or cancelled by the player at a later point in time. The bookmaker, however, reserves the right to cancel any bets up to the start of the event, without giving any reasons. After the event has started, Interwetten may cancel bets provided that the player is in violation of these rules or the general terms and conditions as applicable from time to time, or, in particular, if he is under the suspicion of manipulation/rigging, of acting in collusion or forming a syndicate of customers, keeping duplicate gaming accounts or using front men in order to place bets.
Only the records kept by the bookmaker shall be relevant concerning the content of all bets. A statement of account may only be modified in order to remedy an obvious error and/or a typographical error and/or an error in calculation. Only the amount registered and/or the amount confirmed by the bookmaker will be regarded as the stake.
The bookmaker's promotions, special offers and bonuses are only valid for the respective period specified. Where promotions, special offers and bonuses are specifically addressed to an individual or to specific sportsbook account, offers are only valid with respect to those individuals or accounts so specified.
The decision as to honour any special promotion, offer or bonus shall be entirely up to Interwetten Gaming Ltd. The bookmaker also reserves the sole discretionary right to discontinue or cancel any promotion, special offer or bonus at any time and for any reason whatsoever, without prior notice.
All rules and principles of the Interwetten Sportsbook apply equally to the Cash-Out function. Interwetten cannot guarantee that the Cash-Out feature is available at all times. Due to, for example, technical issues, human error, suspicions of fraud or other circumstances beyond Interwetten's control, Cash-Out might not be offered for a particular event or betting market, even if the feature had been advertised before-hand. Interwetten reserves the right to withdraw or suspend Cash-Out offers without prior notice.
Unless Cash-Out is available and exercised by Interwetten upon request, the player's bet stands as originally placed.
If bets have been cashed out with incorrect amounts due to technical reasons, an error in the underlying odds, or for any other reason, Interwetten reserves the right to suspend the Cash-Out option and reverse any transactions made. In these cases, the player's bet stands as originally placed. The same rule applies if there is sufficient reason to suspect that the Cash-Out is requested after the outcome of an event is known by the player.
Interwetten reserves the right to accept or decline the Cash-Out option on an individual basis. Cash-Out is not available on free bets and bets on bonus money.
For any questions regarding these Sportsbook Rules or the General Terms and Conditions please refer to, Interwetten Gaming Ltd is entirely at the player's disposal to clarify any questions on the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Special Rules
If a sports event is not held as posted on the internet (e.g. if the venue or the opponent changes), the bet will be void and all stakes will be refunded. However, bets will not be void if the home team waives its right to play in its own stadium or arena and chooses to play a match on another team's ground, if the home team's arena/stadium is temporarily closed or if the match is held at a neutral site.
If bets are placed after the start of an event or if the stake is not paid before the start of an event, the bet will be void, rated at odds of 1.00 and the stake will be refunded. In live (running) bets, each bet placed (= received) after the event on which the bet was placed occurs, will be void, rated at odds of 1.00 and the stake will be refunded.
The winner of a sports event is determined by decision of the jury at 24:00 midnight on the day of the event (local time at the venue of the event). This also applies to long-term bets. Any change in the results arising after that time for any reasons whatsoever will have no effect on the winnings.
In soccer (European football), ice hockey and handball the results after the scheduled duration of the game are relevant. Any extra-time, penalty shootout, etc. will have no impact on the winnings, with the exception of special bets offered, which are marked accordingly.
If a game/match is abandoned, special bets on scores that have already taken place, such as "first goal scorer" or "match-half betting" will be settled on the basis of the score of the shortened game/match.
In American football, basketball and baseball overtime counts for settlement purposes. An exception from this rule may apply for special bets that are clearly marked accordingly.
For NHL handicap bets the score including overtime is official. For bets on NHL games (three-way with tie option), NHL – how many goals and NHL – first goal, the score at the end of the regular time (60 minutes) is the official one.
If there is no point spread winner (e.g. a team with a minus six points handicap wins exactly with a six-point score), the score will be tied and the bet rated at odds of 1.00. The stake will be refunded.
If a game that has been declared void is repeated by the end of the second day following the game (local time of the venue), the wager will stand for the re-arranged match.
If a game is not played at the scheduled date for any reason whatsoever or ends without official score and is not repeated by the end of the second calendar day following the game, the stakes will be returned, with the exception of soccer and ice hockey games that are stopped after the end of the regular time.
In tennis, bets will stand provided that the match is played in the course of the tournament.
If the result of a match in tennis, volleyball, beach volleyball, darts, badminton, snooker, bowls or table tennis is based on a no-show, retirement / surrender or disqualification of a player, or if the match is not continued until the regular end of its playing time for any other reasons, stakes will be refunded. In combination and system bets these stakes will be evaluated with an odd of 1.0.
Exceptions from this rule are events that have been concluded within the available time frame (e.g. if a player surrenders during the second set, bets on the first set stand). In addition, bets are rated as lost if they could not have been won, even if the match was continued up to regular playing time (e.g. set bet "player A wins 2-0" and player A surrenders during the second set after having lost the first set. All other options, i.e 2-1, 0-2, 1-2 will be rated as cancelled and evaluated with an odd of 1.0).
On the other hand, bets are rated as won if they could not have been lost, even if the match was continued up to regular playing time (e.g. the bet "over 9.5 games in a set" is won if the game is decided by surrender at a score of 4:4).
The same principle applies also to game handicap bets, scores set/points and comparable bets.
If a tennis match is cancelled even before the first serve is made, all bets will be void, rated at odds of 1.00 and the stake will be refunded.
A baseball game is cancelled and the stakes refunded if the game is not begun or continued until the end of the day (local time of betting event) of the original scheduling.
If a sporting event is abandoned but officially scored, this score will be used for settlement purposes.
If a game is abandoned before the end of regular time, bets on North American sports (NBA, NFL, NHL, baseball as well as college sports) will be official after the following limits: NBA - at least 43 minutes of play WNBA; college basketball - at least 35 minutes of play NFL; college football - at least 55 minutes of play; Baseball - after at least 5 innings of play and/or 4.5 innings if the home team is leading.
When wagering on total runs or run-lines, the games must go nine (9) innings or 8.5 innings, if the home team is leading in order to have action; otherwise the game is scored as no action.
The final score will always be determined as the score after the last completed inning unless the home team scores to tie or take the lead in the bottom half of the inning, in which case the final score is determined as the score at the time the game is called.
For a so-called "dead heat", winnings will be divided accordingly. If, for instance, two starters in a race end up on the same podium position (winner) based on identical timings, then the selected odd on "winner" is being divided by 2: 2.5/2 = 1.25. Bets on podium finish 1-3 will be divided accordingly if 2 or more participants share the third place. If 5 starters share position 8, the winning for a bet on "top 10 finish" will be calculated with 3/5 of the original odd. If, on other hand, 2 starters share position 2, the original odd for a bet on "podium finish" will remain in place as the third position remains vacant.
All bets, also combination bets, which are not head-to-head bets, are "play or pay". In other words: no refund will be given, if the competitor on whom the player has placed his bet does not participate in the event for any reason whatsoever.
If one of the selected events in a combination bet is cancelled, abandoned or becomes void, or is not held for other reasons and is not run by the end of the second calendar day following the event, the bet will be void, rated at odds of 1.00 and the stake will be refunded. This also applies to sports events that have been mistakenly listed in the wrong order on the betting program (list of odds), but not in the case of a home team waiving its right to play in its own stadium or arena, if the home team's arena/stadium is temporarily closed or if the match is held at a neutral site. If all the single bets in a combination bet are cancelled, abandoned or declared void, or are not held for other reasons and are not run as specified above, the stakes will be returned.
For head-to-head bets both starters have to participate in the sports event. Should one or both starters not participate in the event, the bet will be void. The winner of a head-to-head bet on Formula 1 Grand Prix races is the driver with the higher finishing position at the end of the race, or the one who completes the most number of laps in case that both drivers fail to finish the race. In the event that the two drivers retire on the same lap, the driver with the better placing after completion of the last lap will be the winner.
If no goals are scored in "first goal scorer" or "time of first goal" bets (0-0 score), such bets will be deemed lost.
Individual types of bets and special bets are ruled by separate terms and conditions indicated in the individual offer.
Payouts are in compliance with any maximum amounts determined by the bookmaker.
3. Minimum Stakes / Maximum Winnings / Stake Limits
The minimum stake for a single bet and combination bet is: EUR 0.50
The minimum stake for each column in a system bet is: EUR 0.30
For all other currencies that may be in use form time to time the minimum stake is indicated on the player's betting slip.
Unless otherwise specified when placing the bet, the maximum winning for each bet is the following net amount: EUR 20,000.
The maximum winning per player on any one day is the following net amount: EUR 40,000.
The maximum winning per player in any one week (Monday 0:00 to Sunday 24:00) is the following net amount: EUR 100,000.
For all other currencies the maximum winning per player is indicated on the player's betting slip.
For some betting offers there are certain variable stake limits. If these amounts are exceeded, the player will be immediately notified when placing the respective bet. The player may then reduce its stake accordingly so as to be able to place the bet within the stake limit.
If a player places several bets at once and the total winnings of these bets exceed the maximum winning or the maximum stake limit, the bookmaker has the right, at any time, to reduce those bets accordingly as required for complying with the maximum winning and/or stake limits.
If customers act as a syndicate or in collusion or if individual customers register several times or set up fictitious accounts in their own name or in the name of a third person, by communicating with one or several persons or by placing combination bets, or using front men, acting as front man for any third person or placing bets on another person's account, or if customers use impermissible software tools the bookmaker will have the exclusive right (i) to reduce such bets at any time and in accordance with the maximum winning and/or stake limits or (ii) to cancel bets completely and to declare any bets placed and any winnings of such a player as null, void and forfeited.
In principal, any person acting in breach of these rules or any other terms and conditions applicable to the Interwetten sportsbook, may be disqualified from participating in general, as well as from special promotions, offers and bonuses without any notice at any time; additionally the accounts of such players may be closed.
When bets are placed in a way that the placed stake(s) and/or the potential winning exceeds the maximum amounts set forth the bookmaker has the unfettered exclusive right to reduce the stake of such a bet or to cancel such a bet but will in no event be liable for the reduced winnings as a result of the reduction of the stake or the cancellation of bets, since the player is aware of the limits.
Each clause contained in these rules shall be separate and severable from each of the others. If any clause is found to be void, invalid, or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, the remaining clauses shall remain in full force and effect.
Sportsbetting Rules last update 20.03.2019
General Terms and Conditions
C. REGISTRATION / BETTING ACCOUNT
D. COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
E. EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES
F. INVALIDATION OF TRANSACTIONS/FRAUD/ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING
G. DEPOSITS / PAYMENT METHODS
H. WINNINGS AND PAYING OUT
J. LIABILITY/INDEMNITY/DATA PROTECTION
K. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
L. PROMOTIONS AND MARKETING
2. Please note that Interwetten may need to change these Terms, or any of them from time to time and that for regulatory and commercial reasons it reserves the right to do so. In such an eventuality, any changes to these Terms will be notified to players before they start to apply, and players will be made aware of the date on which the changed Terms will start to apply. If a player who has been notified of a change in Terms continues to play with Interwetten after the changed Terms start to apply, he shall be deemed to have accepted those new Terms. If any major changes to the Terms are proposed by Interwetten which, would have an adverse effect on players, Interwetten shall request players to accept the changes before they can continue to play. Interwetten reserves the right to suspend the provision of its services to or to close an account of a player who does not accept changes of these Terms which may be notified to him in accordance with the foregoing.
3. Upon placing his bet and/or participating in a game, the player confirms that he has reached the age of 18 or such older age as he must have reached under the laws governing betting/gambling that are applicable to him. Irrespective of national regulations concerning the legal age, Interwetten does not accept any players under the age of 18. Interwetten reserves the right to verify any player's statement of age and to exclude players from its services, if there are any doubts regarding the attainment of the minimum age required. Any player using Interwetten’s services, who is found to be underage, shall have all his winnings forfeited and his account with Interwetten (hereinafter referred to as "Interwetten Account") shall be blocked immediately. Any deposits made by that player shall be refunded to a bank account named by the player and which the player can prove is his.
4. Interwetten screens players in order to, amongst other things, determine whether or not they are Politically Exposed Persons (“PEP”) or subject to any International Sanctions. These checks are carried out using state of the art systems with access to worldwide data on PEPs. Interwetten reserves the right to block or close PEP player accounts if it deems it necessary to comply with its player acceptance and risk policies.
5. Employees and their immediate families are prohibited from participating in Interwetten betting offers, promotions, special offers or bonuses.
6. By accepting these Terms, the player confirms that his interest in bets and/or casino games is of a personal nature and that he is using the Interwetten site purely for personal entertainment. Interwetten may block or close accounts of persons found to be using Interwetten’s site for any commercial or business purpose.
7. Interwetten does not warrant the constant availability and functionality of all or any products offered. Interwetten may not be held liable and will be held harmless by the player for any damages, losses, costs, loss of profits or any other disadvantage a player may incur in connection with any disconnection from or the non-availability of any of the products offered by Interwetten for whatever reason.
8. All indicated dates and times are based on Central European Time (GMT+1) unless stipulated otherwise.
10. These Terms shall be governed by the Laws of Malta. The parties agree that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese courts.
1. Interwetten Gaming Ltd., registered in Malta under company number C 35736, registered business address at 2nd Floor, Global Capital Building, Testaferrata Street, Ta’ Xbiex, XBX 1403, Malta, is the holder of a Gaming Service License number MGA/B2C/110/2004, issued by the Malta Gaming Authority (www.mga.org.mt), Building SCM 02-03, Level 4, SmartCity Malta, Ricasoli SCM1001, Malta on 01/08/2018. Under this licence, Interwetten Gaming Ltd provides type 1 gaming services, (casino games, live casino games and virtual sports) and type 2 gaming services (sportsbetting).
2. The games offered by Interwetten which fall to be classified as type 1 gaming services are supplied to Interwetten by the followed companies, each of which is licensed by the MGA as a Critical Supply licensee or holder of a recognition notice:
AG Software Ltd
Authentic Gaming Malta Ltd
Digital Software Ltd. (‘Betsoft’)
Evolution Gaming Malta Ltd
G-Virtuals Ltd (‘Golden Race’)
ISB Magma Ltd (‘Isoftbet’)
NetEnt Malta Ltd
Play’n Go Malta Ltd
Pragmatic Play Ltd
Quickfire Limited (‘Microgaming Networks’)
Red Tiger Gaming (Malta) Ltd
Relax Gaming Ltd
Yggdrasil Gaming Limited
Type 2 gaming services are supplied by Sportsbook Software GmbH.
3. The Malta Gaming Authority is the regulatory body responsible for supervising the operations of Interwetten Gaming Ltd on www.interwetten.com- , except for supplies made to persons in the Republic of Ireland. Those supplies are governed by and provided under the terms of a Remote Bookmakers Licence issued to Interwetten by the Revenue Commissioners in the Republic of Ireland on 27/11/2015.
C. REGISTRATION/BETTING ACCOUNT
1. Each player who wants to have access to services and products offered by Interwetten must personally open an Interwetten Account with Interwetten. Upon registration, players must give their correct personal and contact details, i.e. name and surname, gender, address, contact email, mobile phone number and date of birth. In certain countries, players may be also asked to submit other unique identifiers, such as id-card or social security number, in order to simplify registration. After having opened an Interwetten Account, a player may deposit and use the amount deposited to bet on sports or play play casino, live casino and virtual sports.
2. Only natural persons may open an account with Interwetten. Interwetten does not allow legal persons to open and hold Interwetten Accounts. If any legal person (e.g. company, foundation, partnership, association or other) is found to have opened an Interwetten Account, Interwetten may void all winnings and return any balance on account to a valid bank account in the name of the person who opened the account.
3. Interwetten will request in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, that the player submits certain documents as proof of identity for a security identity check at any time, and in any case upon cumulative deposits of €2,000 on the basis of a rolling period of one hundred and eighty (180) days. Interwetten reserves the right to retain any funds and/or winnings until the requested documents are submitted. The player will be asked to submit one or more documents such as a copy of a valid ID issued by the competent authority of a recognized state/country, e.g. passport, personal identity card, driver's license, a utility bill (e.g. for gas, electricity), a lease contract or a copy of bank vouchers, account statements, etc.
4. Once a player opens his Interwetten Account, funds may be deposited, and credited onto this account. As long as there is a positive balance on the player's Interwetten Account, he may deduct stakes for bets and wagers on casino and/or live casino. Winnings gained from betting, casino, live casino and virtual sports are credited directly to the player’s Interwetten Account. All winnings credited on the Interwetten Account may be immediately used for placing further bets. However, Interwetten reserves the right to refuse any bets, or a participation in a game or limit the stake, without giving a reason.
5. Any deposit and pay-out incurred by a player may be made only onto his own Interwetten Account or to his own payment account. As a general rule, payments from third parties as well as withdrawals to payment accounts of third parties will not be processed. Any deposit or pay-out of funds shall be governed by these Terms, including the specific rules applicable to the respective product and any additional terms and conditions that may apply to promotions, special offers and bonuses.
6. When opening an Interwetten Account, a player will also select his preferred currency. The selected currency for the initial opening of the Interwetten Account may be changed only for good reasons and with the approval of the customer services management. If players deposit funds in currencies other than the currency of their player account, their deposits will be converted into the currency of their account at the current exchange rate (Interbank rate).
7. Upon opening of an Interwetten Account and any time thereafter, a player may refer to the various responsible gaming features provided by Interwetten. Limits to deposits and stakes (loss limits) may be set on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. In order to apply for a definite or indefinite self-exclusion, and in order to exercise his right to set limits on session time in casino games, it is required that the player contacts customer service on email@example.com. For further information and assistance players are encouraged to visit the Interwetten responsible gaming site and/or contact customer service.
If a player wishes to reduce or remove a limit or decrease an exclusion, these shall become effective only after the lapse of not less than twenty-four (24) hours from notification to Interwetten’s customer support service. If a player wishes to remove an indefinite exclusion, such change shall only take place 7 days after that player’s request has been received by the Interwetten’s customer support.
Interwetten retains all records relating to players’ requests for exclusion and his consequent exclusion for the duration of the self-exclusion period plus a further period of at least six (6) months from expiry of the self-exclusion period.
8. Any and all personal information provided by a player to Interwetten must be correct and complete. The player undertakes to notify Interwetten without delay in the event that any information provided to Interwetten becomes incorrect or incomplete. Interwetten reserves the right to cancel any bets as well as winnings, block betting accounts, exclude the player from participating in other games, retain payments to the player and report the player to the authorities in charge if any information given to Interwetten by the player turns out to be incorrect or incomplete. The player is liable for any damages and costs arising out of false or misleading information. If any deliberately false or misleading information is furnished, any and all transactions on the Interwetten Account shall be declared invalid.
9. Interwetten operates on the basis of the assumption that each person logging into the system with the correct combination of username and password actually is the lawful account holder. It is in particular not permissible to make any transactions for the account of others, on the Interwetten Accounts of third parties, by forming syndicates of players or in conspiracy with third parties using front man. Interwetten reserves the right to close Interwetten Accounts, cancel transactions and retain the payment of funds if the player has made his account available to third parties, makes transactions on behalf of or in the name of third parties, in conjunction with third parties, in groups/syndicates of players by using front-men, or by using impermissible software tools, or in violation of other provisions of the Terms or the applicable Rules. Interwetten reserves the right to close any Interwetten Account of players at any time without giving any reasons.
10. Every player can open only one account. The use of identical e-mail addresses in various Interwetten Accounts is prohibited. The player shall use an e-mail address to which only he has access. Should any player open another Interwetten Account in his own name or in someone else's name or in conjunction with one or several persons after his Interwetten Account was closed/limited for any reason whatsoever, Interwetten reserves the right not only to close those accounts but also, at any time, to cancel any transactions (bets, wagers), to exclude the player from participating in further games and call in any free money credited. Interwetten further reserves the right to cancel any transactions, exclude a player from placing bets/the participation in a game and/or block the player's Interwetten Account if there is a justified suspicion of an event or a bet placed being manipulated/rigged, or a suspicion of circumventing the maximum win/stake, using front men, acting as front man for a third party or acting on a third party's account, or the use of impermissible software tools.
11. It is prohibited for players to sell, transfer and/or acquire accounts to/from other players.
12. Furthermore, in line with the Interwetten policy for the prevention of anti-money laundering and applicable legal obligations, Interwetten does not permit depositing funds originating from criminal activity, depositing funds by using a credit card which a player is not authorized to use, knowingly receiving money from such card in any other manner, colluding with a third party to do so, or using a third party's Interwetten Account for any criminal activity or illegal purpose.
13. Interwetten notifies herewith all players that the company is unable to provide advice on fiscal or legal matters. Therefore, Interwetten may not be held liable and shall be held harmless by the players for any loss, damage, loss of profits, fees, costs and any other disadvantage that a player may incur in connection with his use of the services and products offered by Interwetten, unless stated otherwise these Terms and the applicable rules for specific services and products as amended from time to time.
14. For inactive accounts, i.e. players' accounts which have not recorded any log in and/or log out for a period exceeding 12 consecutive months Interwetten reserves the right to charge an inactive account fee of EUR 5.- per month.
For all other currencies that may be in use from time to time the administrative fee is the equivalent of the above mentioned EUR amount as per current exchange rate (Interbank rate). The administrative charge will be charged to the Interwetten Account of the player. The first fee for inactive accounts will be deducted on the first day following 12 months of inactivity. All following fees for inactive accounts will be deducted on a monthly basis, i.e. on the first day of each consecutive month until the account balance reaches zero. If upon the deduction of these fees the balance on the Interwetten Account falls to zero, Interwetten is entitled to close this account.
All registered players will be notified at least 30 days prior to any fees being incurred that the inactive account fee is to be charged to their accounts. Holders of inactive accounts may instantly reactivate their accounts by logging in/logging out or withdrawing the funds within the 30 days' time window without incurring any fees. Players reactivating their account are entitled to a refund of the inactive account fee for the last 3 months.
Interwetten is also entitled to close accounts that are undesirable for any other reason. If, on the other hand, the player wishes to close his Interwetten Account, a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient. Termination of this agreement shall not affect the accrued rights or obligations of the parties existing at termination. If the reason for a player requesting the closing of his account is that player’s gambling addiction, the player must notify Interwetten together with his request for closing his Interwetten Account. When an Interwetten Account is closed, information relating to the account is saved for up to ten (10) years from the time the account is closed. Related information includes player name, address, phone, email and account transactional details.
D. COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
1. Any complaints or queries relating to the handling of player affairs on www.interwetten.com shall be addressed to email@example.com or by calling 00 356 2327 6355. Interwetten will make every effort to resolve the player’s complaint within 10 days. If any complaint has not been resolved to the player's satisfaction, the player may request that the complaint be escalated.
2. If the complaint is transactional in nature, i.e. relates to the outcome of a gambling transaction such as game results, betting results, account management, application of bonus offers or misleading terms and conditions, it becomes a dispute. The player may refer the dispute to Interwetten’ s appointed Alternative Dispute Resolution (‘ADR’) entity, eCOGRA free of charge.
For more information regarding this process, please see http://ecogra.org/ata/policies_procedures.php. The player may use the following form to submit the dispute: http://ecogra.org/ata/dispute.php. The eCOGRA ADR process does not restrict a Player’s right to bring proceedings against the Operator in a competent court having local and subject-matter jurisdiction in Valletta (Malta) following eCOGRA’s proposed resolution of the dispute.
3. The player may also file a dispute through the Online Dispute Resolution (‘ODR’) platform http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
4. If the complaint is regulatory in nature and does not have a transactional element, the player may contact the Malta Gaming Authority by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
E. EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES
Unexpected technical problems or circumstances outside the control of Interwetten such as technical problems with third party providers allow Interwetten to cancel bets and give refunds to players. Where a game is stuck in a state where it cannot be finished, for example a connection loss while playing, Interwetten has the right to “clean up” such bets at a regular basis and refund the bet/wager to the player’s account. This is performed on a monthly basis. If the game has been aborted or miscarried on the server, the player will be refunded.
F. INVALIDATION OF TRANSACTIONS/FRAUD/ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING
Interwetten reserves the right to block or close any Interwetten Account at any time and to cancel or declare as void transactions in its sole discretion if the following conditions apply:
1. Interwetten detects transactions with irregularities that may negatively affect the processing of payment transactions and/or which gives rise to the suspicion of a violation of the Terms (e.g. the name and address of the player do not match the name and address associated with the credit card, or other mode of payment, used by the player).
2. Interwetten considers that the player has violated any other regulation contained in these Terms, the rules of the game and specific rules as applicable from time to time. Any decision of Interwetten regarding the invalidation of transactions and the blocking or closure of Interwetten Accounts shall be binding upon the player. Any such decision is within the sole discretion of Interwetten, does not require any justification towards the player and may not be contested by the player. In the circumstances referred to above, Interwetten shall also be entitled to withhold and/or retain any and all amounts which would otherwise have been paid or payable to the player.
3. Interwetten considers that the player used the products and services offered on www.interwetten.com in an inappropriate manner or has deliberately cheated or taken unfair advantage of Interwetten or any of its other players.
4. Interwetten considers that the player used the products and services offered on www.interwetten.com in a fraudulent manner and/or for illegal and/or unlawful or improper purposes.
Interwetten takes any form of fraudulent activity of players very seriously. Any fraudulent activity, as determined at Interwetten's sole discretion, is strictly prohibited. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, stolen credit cards, transfer of funds to other player accounts (chip dumping), forgery, collusion, the use of impermissible software tools, the provision of false registration data or other requested information, etc. In addition to any other remedies provided under these Terms or the applicable game rules, Interwetten reserves the right to pursue claims for criminal prosecution and/or civil damages concerning any fraudulent activities. Players involved in any form of suspected fraudulent activity and any suspicious transaction will be reported to the appropriate authorities. 5. Interwetten is requested to do so by the police, any regulatory authority or court and/or Interwetten considers that any of the events referred to above may have occurred or are likely to occur.
6. Interwetten is committed to ensuring that the current regulations against money laundering and the financing of terrorism are strictly adhered to. This commitment implies that sophisticated tools have been put in place to continuously monitor and minimize operational risks. The depositing of funds obtained illegally or by improper means is strictly prohibited. Any customer activity on the site will be monitored and assessed to this effect. Suspicious activity will be reported instantly to the authorities in charge. By accepting these terms and conditions the player acknowledges that he may deposit money into the Interwetten Account only in order to play and use the services offered. Likewise, the player may only withdraw winnings and not the funds deposited into the Interwetten Account. Players who deposit and withdraw without gaming activities will have their funds blocked until investigations have been concluded and incur a processing fee of up to 10%.
G. DEPOSITS / PAYMENT METHODS
1. On the payments page, there is the list of all the deposit methods available on the Interwetten Account. We would like to point out that all deposits and pay-outs may be subject to an administrative fee of up to 5% to cover any transaction expenses incurred:
The player will not be reimbursed in arrears for any differences between the amount credited and the amount debited from his credit card resulting from exchange rate fluctuations and bank charges by the bank issuing the credit card.
If Interwetten mistakenly credits a player’s Interwetten Account with monies including any winnings that do not belong to that player, whether due to a technical or human error or otherwise, that amount will be considered to be the property of Interwetten and will be transferred out of your Interwetten Account as soon as possible after Interwetten becomes aware of the erroneous payment. If prior to Interwetten becoming aware of the error a player has withdrawn funds that do not belong to the player, without prejudice to other remedies and actions that may be available at law, the mistakenly paid amount will constitute a debt owed by the player to Interwetten. In the event of an incorrect crediting, the player is obliged to notify Interwetten immediately by email.
2. For payments onto the player's Interwetten Account, a minimum of EUR 10.0 applies: For individual payment methods, higher deposit limits may apply. For further information, also on minimum deposit limits in other currencies in use from time to time please refer to the payment page.
3. Interwetten is not a financial institution and does not grant interest on deposits.
4. Interwetten reserves the unlimited right to apply certain restrictions to the payment methods in selected countries and/or for certain players.
H. WINNINGS AND PAYING OUT
1. The player may request a pay-out of his winnings from his own account at any time.
2. For our casino offering pay-out ratios apply. In order to review specific pay-out ratios per game players may refer to the "Help/FAQ" menu (section payout/ payout ratio casino) or to the return to player rates (RTP) listed by the provider within the individual game frame. The term pay-out ratio or RTP refers to the relationship between stakes and winnings. It is based on settings of the random number generator and will be achieved on a long-term and average basis. Generally, the pay-out ratio of casino games offered by Interwetten exceeds 95%.
3. In any case, Interwetten reserves the unlimited right to apply certain restrictions to the payment methods in designated countries and/or to certain players at its sole discretion. As a general rule, all funds that have been paid in the Interwetten Account, shall be paid out in the same manner (credit card, bank transfer, etc.) as the deposit occurred. Interwetten has the exclusive and unfettered right to rule that withdrawals may be made only by bank transfer in order to validate the identity of the player. If the deposit method of the account is Paysafecard and the value of a deposit is not played through in full before a withdrawal is requested, or there is any evidence of a series of bets/wagers placed which results in guaranteed player profits irrespective of the outcome, or where all the betting/wagering is determined to be low risk, Interwetten reserves the right to request a receipt showing proof of purchase of the voucher before any withdrawals are processed. The time for the withdrawal to be finalised may vary due to the circumstances but a withdrawal attempt should be approved or denied within 5 business days. A player shall be informed about reasons for any delay if the time for the money to arrive at the players account exceeds ten (10) days.
4. Interwetten reserves the right to charge a processing fee on any deposits which were not, or only partly, spent on play, should the player wish to withdraw the funds. Such processing fees may amount to up to 10% of the amount deposited.
5. Funds or balances in an Interwetten Account of one player cannot be transferred to the Interwetten Account of another player.
6. If the player incurs any extra costs in the course of the payment transaction, (e.g. upon paying out, paying in, payment of processing fees) e.g. due to retransfer to credit cards, higher transaction costs in the case of foreign bank transfers, etc., Interwetten is entitled to charge his Interwetten Account player with these additional costs. Likewise, costs arising from returned transactions for which the user is responsible (e.g. due to a wrongly stated account number, insufficient credit on the account, etc.) must be reimbursed by the holder of the account.
7. For withdrawals from the player's Interwetten Account, a minimum of EUR 30.- applies. Minimum pay-out limits in all other currencies in use from time to time are listed on the payment section of this site.
8. Clients with permanent or regular residence in Germany are herewith notified that sports betting taxes arising under the German Race Betting and Lottery Act are borne by Interwetten. Due to the additional tax burden incurred by sports betting taxes Interwetten has implemented an odds adjustment of 5% for bets. In case the client wins, odds and as a consequence, winnings of German clients are reduced by 5% (excluding winnings obtained by Cash-Out). Interwetten will not deduct this amount from stakes. In order to prevent in this context that a bet's winning is lower than the initial stake, it is not possible to place single bets on odds lower than 1.10. Bets on lower odds must therefore be made as part of combination or system bets.
9. Finally, Interwetten reserves the unfettered right to deduct a 5% service fee at its discretion from winnings in sports-betting achieved by players residing in selected countries. This service fee will be deducted prior to the winning being credited to the player's account and covers additional expenses for enabling the player to access our gaming services and play on our site.
Online gambling and betting may be illegal under the laws of your country of residence. In such cases, the player may not make use of the services of Interwetten. Interwetten will not assume any liability in this respect and will not reimburse the player for any disadvantages suffered by him as a consequence of the violation of any legal provisions that may be applicable. The player shall ensure that he acts in accordance with the statutory provisions applicable to him from time to time.
Interwetten prohibits registration from players (or does not accept players) from the following countries: USA, Australia, Turkey, France, Poland, Greece, Belgium, Italy, Great Britain, Malta, Romania, Portugal, Hungary, Bulgaria, Denmark, Slovenia, Netherlands, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Finland, Slovakia, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) and Iran.
In all cases mentioned above, there is a legal prohibition to use any products or services offered by Interwetten; any activities in this field revealed by Interwetten will result in the immediate closing of the respective accounts. In addition, Interwetten reserves the right not to accept player registrations from countries that are blacklisted by the FATF or other institutions dedicated to the prevention of money laundering and the use of the financial system for terrorist financing from time to time.
Concerning Germany, from the point of view of Interwetten, the current legal situation concerning games of chance and sports-betting on the internet neither corresponds with European law nor with German constitutional law. Despite of clear requirements expressed by the European Court of Justice and the Federal Constitutional Courts, there is still no consistent legal framework applicable within the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany. The lack of compliance with European legal standards implies that the current regulations in Germany are not applicable. Many legal experts confirm and share our views. Therefore, we may offer our portfolio of casino games and sports-betting in a legal manner to players residing in Germany, based on our remote gaming license issued by the competent authorities. However, we support the legislative approach of the Federal State of Schleswig-Holstein. Since December 2012, Interwetten was holding a license for sports-betting in Schleswig-Holstein; the corresponding authorization for casino games was granted by the Ministry of the Interior of Land Schleswig-Holstein in January 2013. In August 2019, we received a sports-betting permit under the transitional regime of Schleswig-Holstein. The online casino license granted in January 2013 is still valid since the so called Schleswig-Holstein law on transtitional arrangements for online casino games came into force in June 2019. We kindly ask for your understanding that our portfolio is not available for players located in Schleswig-Holstein until we make use of this license. In addition, a revised Interstate Treaty on Gambling came into force on 2 January 2020 providing the opportunity to apply for a license for the operating of online sports betting in Germany. We have already applied for an online sports betting license.
J. LIABILITY/INDEMNITY/DATA PROTECTION
1. Interwetten and/or its vicarious agents shall be liable for any damages beyond the boundaries of product liability law only if deliberate intent or gross negligence can be proven according to the relevant legal provisions. Any liability for minor negligence, the refunding of consequent damage and financial losses, lost profit, lost data, lost interests and of damage from claims by third parties against the user shall be excluded. The liability of Interwetten and its vicarious agents is limited to the extent possible by law. Interwetten does not accept any liability for any and all circumstances beyond its control (force majeure, etc.).
2. Interwetten is not liable for any player content. The player grants that any content contributed by the Player is in compliance with any applicable law. Interwetten reserves the right to delete content violating any applicable law and/or these Terms. Interwetten reserves the right to hand evidence over to law enforcement agencies upon court orders or summations by authorities, and whenever there is a legal obligation to do so.
3. Interwetten does not assume any liability for input, transmission and/or evaluation errors. Interwetten is entitled to rectify any obvious errors such as incorrectly entered odds for sports-betting and correct errors in the evaluation of results and declare the affected bets void. Interwetten does not accept any liability for the website or the games remaining completely or partially functional and without interruption, for potential programming faults and/or for the correction of errors.
4. Interwetten accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the contents of the information services, including, but not limited to the result notifications delivered via email and SMS. Likewise, all data in the live scores, statistics and intermediate results of the live betting product are subject to change. For further information about the rules concerning promotion/bonus offers applying to sportsbook, casino, live casino and virtual sports, please refer to the respective rules.
5. Furthermore, Interwetten cannot accept any liability for viruses that may harm the website and the connected servers or other damaging components that might damage computer hardware and/or user software. Likewise, Interwetten will not accept any liability for the functionality or dysfunctions of internet browsers. Unless the player uses Internet Explorer version 11 or higher, Firefox version 52 or higher, Chrome version 56 or higher or Safari version 11 or higher, we cannot guarantee the correct transmission or proper functionality of the Interwetten site.
6. In case of a violation of these Terms or any other provisions applicable to the use of the gaming or betting products on the Interwetten site, the player is obliged to indemnify Interwetten and hold Interwetten harmless against all resulting claims of third parties and all claims for the refund of losses, costs, damages or any other disadvantages arising thereof. In particular, the player shall hold Interwetten, its shareholders, its employees, officers, directors, licensees, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies, media partners, consultants and agents harmless and shall indemnify the same fully from any and all costs, expenses, liabilities and damages which may arise as a result of any of the following activities:
a. entry, use, or re-use of the Interwetten gaming or betting products;
b. use of any materials related to the Interwetten gaming or betting products;
c. entry, use, or re-use of any server used by Interwetten;
d. participation in any game or bet provided by Interwetten;
e. the acceptance of any payout/prize from any service/product of Interwetten; or
f. the breach of any warranty given by the player under these Terms or the rules applicable.
8. Notwithstanding Interwetten’s commitment to the protection of players’ personal data, under no circumstances shall Interwetten be liable for any damages caused by any incorrect, delayed, manipulated/rigged or abusive transfer of data via the internet. Interwetten will take any appropriate action in order to protect the user data stored by Interwetten, but Interwetten will not be liable if third parties obtain control of, or process user data information despite of all precautions taken. It is agreed between the contract partners that no claims for damages may be asserted against Interwetten in any such cases.
9. The processing of data for online gaming requires the use of codes (username and password) chosen by the player himself. Username and password chosen by the player shall be robust enough and kept secret. The player shall at all times remain responsible for maintaining and protecting the secrecy of his Interwetten Account, the username, and any password. Players must not allow third parties access to use their Interwetten Account.
10. Interwetten will not be liable for any abuse of the betting account through the use of the player's username and password by third parties. Furthermore, Interwetten shall not be liable and shall be held harmless for any losses incurred by a player due to the use of the betting account by any third party and any such losses shall not by refunded by Interwetten. We explicitly state that the username and the password must be kept secret and confidential by the player as all transactions via the account for which the username and password is entered, will be for the account of the player.
11. Where registration of an Interwetten Account is made possible, or easier, for users through a third party site or app with which Interwetten is integrated, personal data inserted by a user into that third party site or app may be visible to that third party and a user may be required to agree to that third party’s use or storage of his data. In any event Interwetten makes it a condition of its agreements with third party suppliers that such third parties’ use of personal data obtained by virtue of their agreement with Interwetten is strictly in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
K. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The player acknowledges that the software, gaming system and all material which is visually or audibly presented to the player by Interwetten is entirely the property of Interwetten or its licensor and that the player has no rights or claims whatsoever to any such intellectual property.
For the avoidance of doubt, data mining or scraping from Interwetten’s site without the express written permission of Interwetten is not permitted.
L. PROMOTIONS AND MARKETING
2. All bonuses and promotional offers are subject to the terms and conditions made available when communicating the bonus offer. In principle, all bonuses and offers refer only to the individual recipient of the promotional communication and may be used only once during a stipulated time frame. Bonuses and offers, such as vouchers, may not be sold between players and/or third parties. Promotional offers cannot be redeemed in cash, but remain subject to the specific bonus conditions. Interwetten reserves the unlimited right to reclaim any bonuses and promotional offers if the player obtained the offer by fraud or devious means.
3. If groups of players acting in collusion or as a syndicate or individual players who register several times, set up fictitious accounts or use front men attempting to rig bonus offers, Interwetten reserves the right to call in any bonus payments granted, cancel any winnings made with these bonus offers, refuse to pay out any amounts requested and close accounts. Non-recreational players and syndicates of players are not granted any bonuses. Interwetten reserves the right to terminate or change a bonus offer at any time.
Each clause contained in these Terms shall be separate and severable from each of the others. If any clause is found to be void, invalid, or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, the remaining clauses shall remain in full force and effect.
General Terms and Conditions last update: 11.03.2020